Unfurnished & Furnished Apartments for Rent
Whether you are looking for unfurnished or furnished apartments for rent in Christchurch City we can help. Here we provide more information on our residential property.
Information for Tenants
The most important thing to remember when looking to rent a property is not to be overwhelmed by the process. We understand the paperwork may seem daunting, however our experienced Property Managers are here to explain the process to you, answer any questions you may have and guide you through the process to ensure it is as smooth as possible for you as a prospective tenant.
We adopt a simple step by step approach:
Identify a Property of Interest to View
- You may have seen our advertisement on our Website, on TradeMe or in the Christchurch Press. Alternatively contact us and we can advise of suitable properties that may meet your requirements either now or in the future
- As soon as possible complete, in full, a ‘Pre-Tenancy Application Form’ which is available on-line or call us to arrange a suitable time to meet with the Property Manager to do this. This allows us to determine if you are the most suitable applicant for the particular property
- We require separate applications from all those intending to reside in the property. This must include photographic I.D and we can only take prospective tenants with unblemished credit ratings (we conduct full reference and credit checks)
Arrange to View the Property
- Our Property Manager will liaise with you to arrange a suitable time to show you through the property or properties of interest
- Viewing of vacant properties can be arranged at short notice however for properties currently tenanted (those with a fixed end date) we will need to arrange for access from the existing tenant. It may take a number of days to arrange this as we must respect their privacy - your patience is appreciated
Decide to Rent the Property
- If you wish to rent a property you have viewed , and you are the successful applicant, the Property Manager will arrange to sign you up for the property by way of a Tenancy Agreement
- At that time you will be required to pay:
- An administration/letting fee of $150.00 incl GST. (Unlike most property management companies a letting fee is usually based on one weeks rent + GST)
- A bond equivalent to 3 week’s rent. Your bond is lodged with and held by The Department of Housing and is money the tenant pays at the start of the tenancy to cover any outstanding debts owed at the end
- Payment for the bond and administration fee is accepted by either Direct Credit into our account, Cash, Credit Card, Bank Cheque or cleared Personal Cheque. (Please note payments by credit card incur a small service charge)
- When you sign your tenancy agreement, you will need to complete an ‘Authority for Automatic Payments’ form for ongoing payment of your rent. In accordance with your Tenancy Agreement, rent is due and payable on or before the due date outlined on your Tenancy Agreement. Christchurch Accommodation has a zero tolerance to rent arrears and failure to pay rent by the due date may result in legal proceedings
Moving into the Property
- Two week’s rent in advance must be received prior to the day the lease commences before keys can be handed over and possession of the property can occur
- As you commence your tenancy the Property Manager will inspect the property with you to check and confirm the condition of the property. An inspection report will be completed by the Property Manager and this will be kept as a record. You will be asked to add any notes, sign and return this report as soon as possible
Enjoyment of your Tenancy
- Our policy is to ensure you are afforded ‘quite enjoyment’ and the property is maintained appropriately throughout your tenancy
- As part of this process we carry out periodic inspections and you will be sent a letter the week prior to your inspection giving notice of the date and time of our visit. This helps protect both you, the tenant, and the owner from any issues that potentially could arise in the future regarding the condition of the property
- Our Property Managers are available to discuss any issue you may have with your tenancy or the property itself. And of course we are available 24/7 for any unexpected emergencies
Information for Property Owners
Please click on Property Management for details.
"We recently moved to Christchurch from Australia with our employment. Christchurch Accommodation
provided us with a great furnished apartment for..."